NPHC HISTORY

On May 10, 1930, the National Pan-Hellenic Council was founded at Howard University, in Washington, DC. The following were charter members of the organization: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity. 

The stated purpose and mission of the organization in 1930 was “Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.” 

In 1931, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity and Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity joined the council. 

In 1937, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority joined the council. The organization was also incorporated under the laws of the State of Illinois and became known as the “National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated.” 

In and in 1997, Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. joined the NPHC as its ninth (9) affiliate member. 

NPHC MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS:

Nine (9) International Greek-Lettered Sororities and Fraternities 

Organization/ Website Links

Founding Date/ Location

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

1906 (Cornell University)

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority , Inc. 

1908 (Howard University)

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

1911 (Indiana University)

Omega Phi Psi Fraternity, Inc. 

1911 (Howard University) 

Delta Sigma Theta Sorority , Inc. 

1913 (Howard University)

Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

1914 (Howard University)

Zeta Phi Beta Sorority , Inc.

1920 (Howard University)

Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority , Inc. 

1922 (Butler University)

Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc. 

1963 (Morgan State College)

NPHC of Greater Atlanta Member Chapters

National Pan-Hellenic Council of Greater Atlanta  | P.O.Box 42103 Atlanta, Georgia 30311
Copyright © National Pan Hellenic Council of Greater Atlanta. | All Rights Reserved.
Site by articdesigns.com | EmailLOGIN